Introduction - Things to Know
Blucadia is an online marketplace for Departments, Cops and Customers to manage all aspects of off-duty employment. Blucadia is a small, innovative startup in the process of transforming a multi-billion dollar marketplace.
More about Blucadia
We’re located in a beautiful, modern office space in downtown Olympia, Washington. Olympia features a high quality of life, affordable housing options, and a vibrant downtown, without the punishing commutes to Seattle’s tech hub.
View the Area
The Most Important Thing
The most important characteristic we look for is that you’re able to figure out what should be done and get it done -- we need you to be thoughtful, motivated and responsible. This is absolutely crucial in a small startup team; for this reason, we prefer that you already have demonstrated this experience working in a prior startup.
Meet the Team
- Write React view components.
- Write React container components, actions, reducers.
- Write server side business logic.
- Write sql queries to read and update the database.
- Write server side tasks, migrations, scripts.
- Write and maintain unit tests for the above.
- Investigate tickets / bugs and update tests and modify code to solve them.
- Perform reviews of other developers pull requests and offer feedback when necessary.
- Think about and help determine architectural improvements.
- You are familiar with basic functional programming techniques.
- You are comfortable on the command line in a unix-like environment.
- You have some experience with version control such as git.
- You have some experience with a modern client-side web framework such as React.
- You can work independently and in a self-directed manner.
- You can work collaboratively with other team members, asking for or offering assistance when needed.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.